- Maintain required level of occupancy by promotion of
the Village, and developing a local marketing plan, including maintaining
excellent relationships with local referrers.
- Gain CQC registration for the Registered Managers role
for the Care home.
- Recruit, lead, manage and motivate the staff of varying
- Maintain high standards of resident nursing and social
care, including liaison with relatives and resolution of complaints, to
ensure a high reputation of the Village in the local community.
- Administer the finances in conjunction with the Village
Manager to ensure budgeted profitability, e.g. organising flexible staff
rotas as occupancy varies.
- To ensure compliance with the statutory requirements of
the Registered Homes Act.
- To ensure close contact with registration authorities
(Health, Environment, Fire, County Council Inspection Unit etc.)
- To identify staff training needs and initiate a local
- To ensure medical care, upon GP directives, is
appropriate for each resident and that good relations are maintained with
- To ensure the specified financial controls are adhered
- To ensure that adequate measures are taken to protect
the health and safety of both residents and staff. Individual
Village managers and Care Managers are responsible for initiating action
in the management of health and safety and the implementation of safety
policy at a local level. They will ensure effective implementation
by chairing a Village Health and Safety Committee with suitable staff
representation. They will appoint a suitable unit Safety officer and
ensure that person receives appropriate and ongoing Health and Safety
- Care Managers are required to keep up-to-date
professionally and to ensure that all trained staff are aware of their
requirements to fulfil PREP recommendations.
- To ensure that all trained staff work within the NMC
Code of Professional Conduct.
- To ensure that the practice of all trained staff falls
within the NMC Standards for Drug Administration and Record Keeping etc.
- Check qualifications of trained staff with NMC.
About Richmond Letcombe Regis
Providing more than just retirement living, Richmond
Letcombe Regis offers an aspirational lifestyle. Situated near Wantage in the
heart of rural Oxfordshire, we are an award winning state-of-the-art retirement
village enjoying beautiful surroundings and luxury facilities including: an
elegant lakeside restaurant and bar, wellness spa with pool, landscaped
gardens, pristine bowling green and a stunning nature reserve. Our first-class
accommodation ranges from luxury independent apartments to our care home
providing exceptional 24-hour nursing care in 53 en-suite bedrooms.
For 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury
retirement living. We’re proud that we attract the best people and even prouder
of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture,
landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the
UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents
retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their
‘zest for life’.
All offers are subject to a DBS Check.
Circa £50,000 + Excellent Benefits
Email Hayley Wright at LetcombeCareers@richmond-villages.com for more details