Mixing up a mocktail is a fun way to enjoy a special drink without the alcohol. If you’re keen to cut down on your drinking and looking for some tasty alternatives, these five recipes will help you out.
You can drink safely by following the Government’s low risk drinking guidelines. Both men and women are recommended to drink no more than 14 units of alcohol each week, with some alcohol-free days too.
Having non-alcoholic alternatives can feel like you’re having a drink (or a treat) without clocking up the units, or something to enjoy on your alcohol-free days.
1. Tropical Fizz
This fruity softie is full of flavour and can easily be made using these ingredients:
- 50ml passion fruit puree
- 2 fresh passion fruit
- 100ml mango juice
- 400ml Appletiser
- Ice cubes
- 1 lime
Find out more and read the original recipe.
2. Pina Colada
Inject a bit of sunshine into your day with this summery cocktail.
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1 can coconut milk, refrigerated
- 2 tbsp coconut syrup (optional)
- Few pineapple chunks to garnish (optional)
- Crushed ice (optional)
Read mixing instructions and original post.
3. Mango Bellini
Who says you have to drink alcohol to enjoy the finer things in life? Try this easy to make fruity bellini to inject a bit of class into your evening.
- Crushed ice
- White grape Schloer
- Mango sorbet
Read the original post.
4. Mulled Cranberry Apple Cider
This warming drink is the perfect booze-free beverage to enjoy during a chilly evening.
- 4 cups of cranberry juice blend
- 4 cups of apple juice
- Peel of one orange, cut into large strips
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole allspice berries
- 4 whole cloves
- Optional sweeteners: honey and/or brown sugar
Check out the prep and cooking instructions.
5. Elderflower Lemonade with frozen berries
You’ll never be able to tell this cocktail contains no alcohol. This tasty tipple works all year round and contains plenty of fruity goodness!
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 35ml elderflower cordial
- 1 handful of frozen berries
- Sparkling water, to top up
Read the full recipe.