Creating the perfect Domiciliary Care package for you starts before you move in. We will arrange a meeting with the purpose of getting to know you really well, and understand all your personal, health and social needs. We will always take into account your wishes and expectations. Working closely with you, your relatives and friends, we will then devise a written plan of the care we aim to provide for you. The plan will set out the objectives for your care and how we hope to achieve them. It may also incorporate any necessary risk assessment.
At least once a month your care plan will be reviewed, setting out changes that may have occurred or need to occur in the future. You will always have access to your plan of care and are encouraged to participate as fully as possible in the care planning process.
Care packages range from minimum assistance to round-the-clock care. To give you an idea, below is an example of one of our most comprehensive packages, designed for those with increased dependency levels that require one or more carers due to restricted mobility.
Care may include:
- Early morning cup of tea
- Assistance to wash/bathe and dress
- Make bed and generally tidy
- Administer medication if required
- Routine continence assistance throughout the day
- Mobility assistance
- Assistance at meal times
- Provision of daytime drinks
- Assistance with shopping and prescriptions
- Assistance with attendance at activities
- Assistance with hospital, GP visits
- Emotional support
- Assistance with washing, undressing and to bed